Monday, March 22, 2010

feels like home

Slipping on my leotard and tights and getting ready for ballet class tonight, it felt like coming home. There was something so comforting, so familiar about it all. And that's definitely a feeling I could use right now. One that made me smile.

Class itself kicked my butt! Whew. I will definitely be sore tomorrow. Everyone was very friendly though, and the teacher was great. I'm definitely out of practice, and had to try really hard not to get discouraged during class. Most of the other ladies in the class have been dancing together, with this teacher, for over a year. I'm embarassed to admit that I struggled to keep up a lot during class. My body just didn't remember automatically like I thought it would. After class I went up and asked the teacher if I should switch to the beginner class and she said no, so that was good. She was actually so reassuring, telling me that I know the steps, I have the technique, I just need to remember. She even told me that next week, I need to be in the harder group rather than the easier one when she teaches combinations... I'm glad someone has faith in me, because I sure didn't at the end of class. Overall, I'm so glad I made the decision to sign up. This is going to be so good...

Tasting Texas Beers class tomorrow... should be interesting! :)

1 comment:

MommyGirl said...

I am so excited for you, Rachel...I know change is scary-but this isn't CHANGE anymore. This is your new life, your new adventure. Take each day as it comes! :) and you ROCK--don't forget it!